Pouako – Ōtepoti

  • 37.5 hours per week
  • Piki mai ki runga i tō mātou waka!

Kei te wātea te tūnga pouako i Te Rito Maioha, mo te whakangungu kaiako.

Mehemea i ā koe te tohu kaiako, e matatau ana ki te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori, tukua mai to tono mo tenei mahi.

Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand - a dynamic bicultural organisation committed to supporting high quality early childhood education through initial teacher education.

Interested in a Pouako/Cultural Advisor role? Are you a competent and confident speaker of te reo Māori, are you able to demonstrate authentic knowledge of tikanga practices and protocols? Utilize your skills and experience to inspire student teachers to reflect treaty principles in their studies whilst incorporating a cultural leadership role at our teaching base.

You will have:

  • competent level of conversion in te reo Māori
  • knowledge of ngā tikanga within the Dunedin|Ōtepoti rohe
  • experience/interest teaching adults at tertiary level
  • ability contextualising te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori in ECE
  • knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
  • willingness to engage in further study
  • interest in undertaking research
  • excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
  • current full driver's licence and vehicle for work use
  • teacher registration essential.

Work within a collaborative team at Dunedin teaching base, join a vibrant team of Pouako throughout Aotearoa who teach and provide leadership in mātauranga Māori me te reo Māori, who share commitment to bicultural early childhood curriculum.

We can offer a competitive salary, generous study leave and professional development, plus opportunities for involvement in research.

Visit our website to view the position description.

For further information, email hruser@ecnz.ac.nz or contact Arapera Card, Pouhere Kaupapa Māori on 07 850 4971 or  027 230 2593.

Applications close Monday 10.00am, 7 December 2020 with interviews held that week. Please apply via SEEK.

Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or a NZ work permit.