- Opportunity to develop your customer service and administrative skills
- Work within a diverse, collaborative and open team environment
- Fixed term contract until end of January 2020
Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand (ECNZ) specialises in early childhood teacher education, offering a range of diploma, degree and postgraduate programmes. They are one of the largest early childhood teacher education providers in New Zealand, with more than 450 students of all ages and from all walks of life enrolled at any one time.
ECNZ is a dynamic bicultural organisation, committed to supporting high quality early childhood education through advocacy and teacher education. They are now seeking an energetic administrative expert who has a strong commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
Reporting to the Student and Administration Services Manager, you will be responsible for providing effective student and administration services that support both staff and students at ECNZ which will include:
- Responding to course/programme applications and enrolment enquires from both current and prospective students
- Organising student selection interviews and collating documentation for selection panels
- Coordinating police vetting process
- Maintaining student database to ensure student records up to date and accurate
- Providing administration support as required such as preparing meeting agendas, organising videoconference (VC) equipment, catering and taking minutes
- Coordinating travel, venue and accommodation arrangement as required
- Provide support for events such as staff hui (meeting)
- Processing invoices and expenses
- Troubleshooting any admin and ICT related issues.
This is a full time, 12 month fixed term position based in Thorndon, close to Wellington train station. Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced administrator with strong customer service skills. Strong communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work across the wider team are essential.
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Detail oriented
- Problem solve rapidly and effectively
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Process tasks in a timely manner
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information, following confidentiality guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Strong organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view here
P: 04 499 1069