The Aperfield Montessori Trust is offering scholarships to assist
students studying the New Zealand Diploma in Early Childhood Education
and Care (Aperfield Montessori) with their fees.
If you are awarded a scholarship, and after you complete the
qualification, the Trust will reimburse you directly for an amount up to
$3,000.00 of the fees paid to Te Rito Maioha.
The Trustees of the Aperfield Montessori Trust will assess all
scholarship applications and will inform students in writing of the
success of their application.
There are up to five (5) scholarships available.
Applications close 31 December 2018.
Download the form here.
The prerequisites for scholarship applicants are that they:
- Are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident in New Zealand
not received and are not eligible for any other grants or scholarships
offered under existing government schemes (Note: you can still apply for
a student loan)
- Are eligible to enrol in the programme and meet Te Rito Maioha’s admission requirements
In making their decision to award a scholarship, the Trustees of the
Aperfield Montessori Trust will consider a number of factors, including
but not limited to:
- How the applicant has demonstrated or shown interest in the
Montessori Method, such as working in kindergartens, kōhanga reo or
childcare centres incorporating this method of education, reading
literature or spending time researching or studying in this area
financial constraints the applicant may have. Applicants should clearly
outline financial constraints in their covering letter and describe how
the scholarship would assist them and provide benefit
health or personal issues that affect the applicant’s ability to work or
complete the programme, how they have overcome these obstacles and how
this Scholarship would further assist them in doing so
charitable work that the applicant has completed and any outside
interests that the applicant would like the Trustees to consider
– two referee reports are requested to support the application. At
least one referee report must be written by a professional
How to apply for the scholarship
- Complete Te Rito Maioha’s enrolment process for the programme
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form found here
- Read and sign the Applicant’s Declaration included in the Scholarship Application Form
- Write a covering letter applying for the scholarship and include a detailed explanation as to:
- How you meet the eligibility criteria stated above
- A statement outlining why you wish to study the Montessori Method
- What you intend to do once you complete the qualification
- Attach two referee reports to the Scholarship Application Form
- Check you have completed all the necessary steps, using the checklist on page 3 of the application document
- Email the completed documentation to email@example.com