Grow your knowledge, enhance your skills and boost your career by upgrading your ECE diploma to a degree.
When you convert your diploma to a degree with Te Rito Maioha, you will gain a Bachelor of Teaching (ECE) with a deeper understanding of:
- curriculum design, assessment and inquiry
- inclusion, exclusion and marginalisation in ECE settings
- infants and toddlers
- mātauranga Māori
- leadership in early childhood education.
This part-time course is for those with an ECE teaching diploma who would like to upgrade to a Level 7 Bachelor of Teaching (ECE). Being part-time, you will be able to keep working while you study.
This course does not lead to teacher registration because it does not include practicum.
Te ara tuku
The pathway consists of three courses, each 12 weeks long, and one 16
week course (Māori Teaching and Learning | Te Hā o te Ao Mātauranga
Māori) taught in semester 2, which you may be required
to complete if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You did not receive your diploma from Te Tari Puna Ora o Aotearoa/New Zealand Childcare Association (NZCA) –
the previous name for Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand.
- You are unable to demonstrate competency in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori.
This additional course includes a noho marae component.